5 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1/3 cup dry brown lentils
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup brussels sprouts
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 large avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- Cook the lentils: place lentils in a saucepot with 1 cup of water and a bay leaf. Bring to a boil and once boiling, lower to a simmer and let cook for 10-15 minutes or until lentils are tender and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, shred the brussels sprouts: slice the tough bottoms off and place into a food processor and pulse until shredded. Then, peel and spiralize the sweet potato with Blade D and trim the noodles.
- Heat a medium non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Once pan is hot, coat with cooking spray and add in the sweet potato noodles and season with chili powder, salt, and pepper. Cook until wilted, about 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once pan is hot, coat with cooking spray and add the brussels sprouts and season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until they turn bright green and begin to brown. Add in the kale and cook another 3 minutes until kale is wilted. Add the soy sauce, and toss to combine.
- Divide the kale mixture into two bowls, add the lentils, sweet potato noodles and top with avocado.